Forum

We’re back. Here’s …

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] We're back. Here's what you need to know.

1 Posts
1 Users
3 Likes
IsocelesAssassin
(@isocelesassassin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The old Astralobservatory.net is gone. It was destroyed by an entity we’ve come to know as “Hotspot”. We’re still trying to piece together all the details. From what we understand, Hotspot managed to insert himself into the website by somehow attaching himself to one of the transmissions sent out by our hacker friends. Once inside, he wrecked havoc and tore up the place, as if AO weren’t already in a shitty enough state by that point.

To tell the truth, we’ve known about Hotspot’s existence for a while now. I was waiting for Seth to tell you more about them himself, but obviously that never happened due to this setback. I guess I’ll just tell you now. Hotspot is Kevin. Well, their version of Kevin, at least. Turns out that Kevin didn’t manage to escape their corrupted world unscathed. Based on their descriptions, this Kevin now takes on a deformed skeletal-like appearance. Hopefully that description isn’t too vague given the rogues’ gallery of horrorterrors we’ve amassed over the past few years.

Anyway, Hotspot was responsible for many tragedies in their world. The deaths of a lot of good people. I guess his bloodlust wasn’t sated, though, because he’s been on the pursuit of our hacker friends for the past ten or so years. After we managed to connect to their transmission device, he used this opportunity to enter our timeline. As I stated above, he fucked up Astral Observatory something fierce. 

GB did all she could to hold it together. In the end, she basically had to become AO itself. Thanks to her, we still have a means by which we can communicate. I’m not going to pretend that this hasn’t seriously fucked me up, but there’s no point in getting sappy on here. I’ve already vented enough to you all in the past. Instead, we need to look towards the future.

GB isn’t gone. She’s still here. She can’t communicate with us like she was able to before, but she is still helping us. As we speak, she is combing through the archived files that were once housed in the site’s original Subspace. If I recall, there was at least one section of the site that Nocta always had locked up tight. I have high hopes that we’ll finally be able to see what he’s been hiding after all this time. I’ve also noticed that GB is attempting to re-establish communications with our hacker friends. It will probably take some time, though. 

That’s pretty much it. I still haven’t heard from Greth or Kaiden. It’s hard not to assume the worst, but it is what it is. The important thing is that we’ve at least regained communication with one another here. If we hear anything, you’ll all be the first to know.

Alex, NotAHoax_M12 and core reacted
Share: